Total Pageviews

Monday, August 6, 2012

New Products for the Shop!

...to make bigger things for my Etsy shop than I normally do.
I love the little things I make because sometimes, the littlest things are the most helpful.
I had partaken in Purse Palooza over at Sew Sweetness about a month ago. I had made a pattern all by myself. I had made 4 purses in total from the same one pattern and decided that I loved it so much and had skilled how to make it. No directions except a template that I had made from wax paper... I wanted to make a couple for my Etsy shop to see if I got any bites. I had made 3 for myself and one for my best friend. I have gotten TONS of comments about the bags and so has my friend so, I decided Saturday evening that I was going to make more than what I had already.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is the back of the bag^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I had sewn two pieces of bias tape to the pieces before placing the zipper on the back. This pocket is the whole backside of the bag so it fits a tablet or IPad.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^The Front of the bag of course^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
it closes with elastic over a button. Because I think its easier for ladies to use the elastic over finding a pesky magnetic snap or velcro.
 The back of this bag..with the TWO added bonuses!! A tissue cozy and a zip up pouch for extra organization!
 The interior of the bag has ONE pocket Why? because I find it better to have less when tossing in wallet! My wallet kept getting caught on the open pockets on other handbags I have made and purchased. This pocket has a pen slip too making it possible to find that little rascal!
 And the tissue cozy..a little patch worked to use scraps because I really dislike "wasting" fabric!!
The zip up pouch..it has a coordinating in color strip pattern. This pouch would fit an IPhone or the like with more room for lipgloss..etc..
This bag is offered at a low price because I love to share my art with others and would rather not have it hang out for months before selling. Sewing is a hobby not my lively hood. 
 :)

I finished another bag today also I just haven't made the tissue pouch or zip up pouch to go along with it yet..so it will be posted soon!!

To see if this bag is still for purchase click here

No comments:

Post a Comment