Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Somtimes the little things really count!

A simple "hello" head nod from a passing stranger, a "have a great day!" from the store you frequent nearly daily for your morning coffee. . . The simple things really count to make me feel better.
So, on Monday the 14th after not going to bed until nearly 3AM after dropping my mum off in Goldendale,Washington and making the trip back home for the second time that day in 24 hours, I woke on Monday morning to my phone buzzing with all sorts of texts,emails and missed calls.
I checked my Email first because well, sometimes there is good stuff in there! so much to my surprise, I had won the first quarter Zakka Style Sew Along prize,
A $75.00 Gift Certificate to Fat Quarter Shop! I was so freaking excited! The 3rd week we had made Zakka Pin cushions..this was mine...
The one on the right is the one I had submitted to the entry link up. I thought it was pretty cute myself :)
So yesterday, after a busy evening running around town with my husband clothes shopping for summer- because its been in the high 70's to low 90's here for the past few days.... I was in dire need of summer clothes for work!
I watched Glee (yeah..really) and browsed . Fat Quarter Shop site for some lovelies...  I spent $14.00 of my own monies for shipping and a partial dollar amount for a yard of fabric. I am so stoked to have won this giveaway!! eepers jeepers! what an awesome giveaway and a donation of there certificate really, really made my day!
Fat Quarter Shop  has an amazing array of fabrics! I highly suggest you take a peak if you haven't already and order yourself some nummies! There prices are just as those as you'd pay at a chain fabric store for a yard of less quality fabric- i'm not hating on the easyness of buying from a big box store i'm just saying that the fabric on Fat Quarter Shop is quilting quality, decently priced, a huge array of fabrics to choose from, patterns, books, notions and Fat Quarter Bundles that are oooo sooo nummo! .....
Check them out! OH! and shipping is VERY decent!! you know that your fabric will be only the best when you buy from Fat Quarter Shop!

So with that said..... Happy Hump day ya'll! and today is "Wear purple for peace!" Day. .... so... im wearing purple to work today!
Peace! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment