Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Busy and busteling week finally..my WEEKEND is here!

...........I don't work the average bears work schedule, its set but unordinary .. So.............
I ran around with my best friend and husband after I had gotten off work today............... which is always fun. Then back home and I began cutting into a couple coordinating stashes i've had and didn'tk now what I wanted to make but was just in love with the fabric... after a naughty trip to my favorite craft store also....
I began to sew.............. at 8Pm tonight.......
Late night sewing is one of my favorite things to do.. Especially after work! such a stress reliever unless you have to pick apart your stitches because you gooberd your project up! .. luckily only happened tonight with my velcro, always a pesky task! I don't like the iron in, so I use the sew in stuff and well, like many know..it likes to wiggle!
I spent about an hour and a half on this case....
I am pleased with the outcome! I had a lot of fun making it! I had made one yesterday for an open air market  but thats another story... So... this is a different version. I made the closure flap larger and added a couple appliques with coordinating fabrics from Meadow Sweet. I used Osnaburg for the (tan) exterior body parts. I also added a larger velcro closing pocket on the exterior as shown with the ric rac goodness .......
This case is padded and perfect for kindles and nook or...any 5x7 inch tablet :)
Heres where this goodie is hiding I am in the works of making a couple more cases because they are fun to make and support my ideas i've got going on 24-7... I sleep and breath fabric and sewing lately. I made another case too with remnants of the same fabrics I used for my personal case..
This one ----------------------------------------------->
is much different in the scene that I added a long closing strap with velcro of course..because velcro is awesome! and the sleeve is smaller than my org. design for my own case. This case measures approx 5 inches by 8 inches and is "snugger" than my case. I love this fabric! too bad fabric retires as quickly as it rains here in Oregon!
The green vined fabric (don't know the name off the top of my head!) is a pale green and I think I want to incorporate it with another sleeve tomorrow :)
I have some fabric cut for a couple more cases, i'm going to try a quilted style case and see how that one goes... its all in my head..I do not use patterns. I cut and fly by the seat of my pants! i'm that kind of gal! :)

I hope ya'll got to see the Super Moon tonight in the sky! it was brigther and "30%" larger than normal .... let me get my ruler out?

anyhoot.... Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment