Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Another one bites the dust!
Back on my subject- so, this is my 3rd version of my pattern, I shortned the front pocket, added an elastic loop and button closure to keep goodies in the pocket secure(er) and didn't add an inner zipper pocket-because I didn't need it. I didn't add bias tape or any frills on the backside where the turquoise zipper is located- because I didn't want this bag frilly- just simple and bright! and that it is! I used Michael miller ta-dot (mustard) orange for the lining of the outside pocket, some patchwork on the adjustable strap and the outer flap. I used another dot (Michael miller too I think) in almost a coral for patchwork on the straps and the flap. I used a Riley Blake green button on the front of the bag-I wanted a "goddy" large statement button to be featured on the front to add more of a "POP" to the bag..did you know the Riley Blake is the husband and wife teams names of there children? Riley and Blake..had no idea- quilters/sewers are seriously the coolest group of people EVER! ;-) (I know im awesome! ) I used a really thick interfacing (fused) to ALL pieces of this bag except the two interior. Talk about pain in the arse to turn the bag right side out! I used fushia bias tape for the pink detailing and machined bias tape to the inner folds of the fabric to add a more finished look. I used a Kona cotton for the interior layers (light blue) I used fused fleece for the lining of my adjustable strap. I cut out peices of the main fabric to applique to the inner flap of the bag and to the inner pocket. And of course I used a turquoise Zip It Zipper! Hope I didn't leave anything out!
-------------------> the backside, the zipper is hiding under that lace.
And for some reason or another, I don't have photos of the front and right now, my feet hurt too bad to go take another photo :) .............so there we have it!
.......Next project- This weeks project for the Zakka Style Sew Along!