Total Pageviews

Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 2 Zakka Sew-Along The House Pouch

The House Pouch Designer: Julia Bravo
I had a lot of fun making this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ with the pattern and instructions in Zakka Style 24 Projects stitched with ease to give,use & enjoy. Compiled by Rashida Coleman_hale.
This pouch took me approx. 3 hours to make. That may be long for many but, I wanted to make sure I was doing it right. Between the cutting, the prepping and of course the LONG tedious interfacing the fabric.. 3 hours zoomed!
I followed the patterns instructions and added leafs to my flower stems and a wood tag that says "Welcome The Raichels" .. for an added personalization. I also added a tule zipper pull that matches fairly closely, the buttons (that are in the shape of flowers might I add...).
This was a good ending to a good day off. I had been able to visit with friends and family today over breakfast at Elmer's and a trip to the craft store is always...pleasant.. My husband, brother and I are going to visit the mother-in-law for dinner tonight and then chill the rest of the day out with a little housework and cuddling up with hubby for my Monday shows (Bones).
So...heres a toast of  RedBull to you and a Hello! Work Week... back to the "grind" tomarrow! ;-) Then my vacay... oh dear do I need that!

No comments:

Post a Comment